Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fruit we can find in season now

I once heard a professor saying that the best food, and in particular he was referring to fruits and vegetables, for a person, is the one grown in the country the person was born in. It had something to do with energy fields and stuff like that. Basically we should not eat citrus fruits (lemons, oranges, limes, grapefruits, tangerines, mandarines etc), for example, if they do not grow in the country we were born and live in.
I wonder how it works with fish varieties.....




There is no question fresh fruit is good for you, and I try to eat fresh fruit as often as I can, but sometimes you just need to have a wide variety or you will get bored or the same taste.
I do not think that there is a magical fruit out there that has everything in it, therefore we need variation to get all the vitamins, amino-acids and the antioxidants that are so important for well being.
I have recently got a book that praises the vegan life style so much, that it is becoming somewhat hard to eat animal protein. But that's a story for another post.
So what have I been getting lately ?
Apples (I like red delicious and granny smith), grapes,pears, peaches, nectarines, water melon, strawberries and CHERRIES. Love cherries !
Of course, we can find much more at the grocery store or fresh produce market, but I do not buy quite everything.
If you cannot stand the fuzz on the peaches, use the vegetables brush to remove the fuzz.
Works for me every time !

No comments:

Post a Comment