Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Baked Crusted Chicken Strips



The thought behind this dinner was that I really wanted chicken pieces with a batter or a crust over....either fried or baked; and so, I just paired Panko crumbs


with chicken breast strips which I chose to bake so I would save myself some calories I would have gotten from the frying.
Let's see exactly what I did.

Ingredients:
2 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breast


1/2 cup to 3/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 scant teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 egg
1/3 cup flour
some BBQ sauce
some fries



Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 F, line a casserole dish or a baking pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease it.


You now need 3 bowls:
one for the flour, salt and pepper


another one for the egg (you need to beat the egg)


and the third one for the bread crumbs that needs to be mixed with the rest of the ingredients.


Pound the meat a little so it is even (mine was approx. 1/2 inch thick) and cut it into strips


...as big or as small as you wish.


Now start dredging each piece of meat in the flour mixture, shake off the excess, dip into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs mixture.


Arrange all strips nicely on the prepared baking sheet / casserole.


Bake for 11 to 16 minutes, depending on how thick the pieces are.
If you think it may be necessary, you can flip them half way through the cooking process.
I took one out after 13 minutes, cut it in half


and tasted it.
I served them with fries



and BBQ sauce.



Enjoy !
They are very flavorful !

2 comments:

  1. a wonderful recipe... simple, and I bet very full of flavor!

    (but add more garlic)

    ReplyDelete
  2. come look, come look... I just posted my version of your award winning pie recipe...

    http://yearonthegrill.blogspot.com/2009/12/we-are-making-apple-pies-today-but-not.html

    ReplyDelete