Thursday, May 27, 2010

Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies


Just a craving I had...and also because I've never eaten oatmeal cookies before.
I used the recipe found HERE.
Very clean and straight to the point recipe, to which I only have one thing to add...if towards the you find the dough to be a bit too dry, add a splash of vanilla or 1 teaspoon orange liqueur or even 1 teaspoon up to one tablespoon of milk and that will do just fine.
Will definitely make this again !


Ingredients:
120 gr plain flour


3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt


100 gr butter


100 gr Raw sugar


1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract


200 gr rolled or quick cooking oats


100 gr white chocolate, coarsely chopped





Directions:
Preheat oven to 180C (350 F) and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
Beat butter and sugar until smooth.



Add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.


Add flour mixture and mix until almost combined.
Add oats


and chopped white chocolate, stir until incorporated.


Divide dough into golf size balls.
I used my coffee scooper to measure and then formed a ball in my palms which I then flattened into a nice disk.
Flatten a bit and place on baking sheet .



Bake for 12-15 minutes.


They will puff up a bit and from the distance the white chocolate chunks will almost resemble macadamia nuts.


Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment