Monday, July 27, 2009

Interesting Nutrition Book - THE CHINA STUDY



I have known about this book - "The China Study" - for a few years now and recently I bought my own personal book to have and read.
Written by T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D. and Thomas M. Campbell (father and son), it is mostly based on a 50 years long study on the inhabitants of a Chinese village that did not develop cancer.
It talks about how bad it is to eat animal protein and good it is to be on a completely vegan diet.
Not vegetarian or pescaterian, but a vegan.
Now with my nursing medical education it is only normal to wonder about what this book talks about.
It has sufficient proof and it is being backed up by sufficient amount or scientific studies to make sense, but...I wonder how in the world it is possible to only live on fruit and veggies ?
I have only started reading my book and when I will have completed it, I will come back with a post talking about what else the book said.
In the meantime, I'll try to enjoy the animal protein in my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment