Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Espresso Crinkles


Because I was thinking of these cookies for a long time and also had 2 egg whites saved up in a box in the fridge, I thought they must be tried.
Never tasted one before, so really did not know what to expect - a chewy cookies, a brownie like puffy cookie, a crackly one...had no idea.
What made me try them the most was the fact that they look stunning in all the pictures I saw and these do NOT have BUTTER in them.
And really...nobody told me how they are....how big the cookie dough balls should be....how WIDE they SPREAD .....!!! and therefore I had a little fun discovering what exactly happens.
It's really cool to look at them almost melting in the oven....even though 350 F is not SO hot for a cookie.
Ok, enough talk, let's get baking !
I got the recipe from HERE and added 2 TBSP extra chocolate chips (I used semisweet chocolate chips - Ghirardelli), 4 teaspoons extra instant expresso granules and 2 TBSP extra sugar.
I FREAKED OUT when I was done mixing my batter as it was ALMOST LIQUID


........but then read the recipe AGAIN and it said it needs to sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours.


Use latex or plastic gloves or coat your hands with flour or powder sugar to avoid the dough stick to your palms.


The first batch (I did 3 in total) had 1.5 inch balls which turned out 2 towards 2.5 inch wide cookies !


Huge as opposed to what I was expecting.


But hey !
I knew to make my dough balls 1 inch wide for the second and third batches.



Hubby liked them and so did I.
Worth the trouble. Oh, and try leaving 2 to 3 inches in between them to avoid having them run onto eachother like mine did.
Give them a try !

German Chocolate Crinkle Cookies on Foodista

German Chocolate Crinkle Cookies on Foodista
Check this out too :

German Chocolate Crinkle Cookies on Foodista

3 comments:

  1. gata....se fac astazi... multumesc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oana, sa nu le faci mai mari decat o cireasa cand formezi bilutele si sa lasi destul spatiu intre ele. La gust sunt foarte bune si usor moi la final.
    Sa le lasi la racit in tava macar 4 minute, ca sa aiba timp sa se intareasca putin ca altfel se rup bucatele si abia apoi transfera-le pe un gratar sa se usuce si mai mult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks delicious!I'd love to bring over our readers to your site if you wont mind, just add this little foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete