Friday, June 26, 2009

Ah, Cherries !


As we don't have fresh markets or farmer markets here where we live, I must say I do miss them.
It was so convenient to walk for a few minutes and get there to that open space market and browse through all that fresh stuff ! It can be a feast for the eyes, but most important, you get to buy exactly what's in season and you can probably pick your fav person and make him/her your personal farmer you trust.
Did I mention they sell both dairy products and fruits, vegetables, legumes, leafy greens and such ?
Now that I found cherries here at a store, I sure enough got a bag !
At a fresh market I would have probably got like 6 pounds or so, but when 1.5 Lb is $7, you don't really want to buy too much all at once.
Anyway, I'm happy I found the cherries !

No comments:

Post a Comment