Sunday, September 27, 2009

Beef Fajitas







What prompted me to go ahead and make those tortillas was the fact that I wanted to make beef fajitas with the good looking beef that I got - so now that I had those done in the after-noon I could easily whip up those fajitas in no time.
The name may sound fancy, but the dish is as simple as it can be, yet high in flavor and it can fill you up pretty quick.
The beauty of it is that you can freeze the leftovers or even just the cut veggies and the cooked meat and re-use at a later time just by dumping the contents of your bags in a skillet, cooking them until just hot enough for your taste.

Ingredients:
beef, cut into small thin strips
1/2 to 1 bright colored bell pepper, cut into strips


1/2 to 1 onion, cut in half, then into almost 1/2 inch thick slices
the marinade for the beef:
juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon
1/8 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon tarragon
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cumin
3 minced garlic cloves
3 TBSP oil

Directions:
Combine the marinade ingredients inside a large ziplock bag, add the beef slices and let marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Drain the meat and cook it on high temperature in a large non stick skillet, for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly.


Remove from the skillet and place the veggies in with some oil and salt & pepper (just a splash of oil), cooking them for only 5 minutes, still on high.


When they are done, add the meat, stir to combine, cook for 1 more minute together and serve on tortillas, rolling them tight.


I used skewers because my tortillas weren't large enough.
It happens.
Serve hot !

2 comments:

  1. love these, great photos and directions...You have a terrific blog. thanks for all your efforts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you so much ! I think it's only fair to pass on what I learn along the way. It is also good for me to have my digital cook book which I can access at all times from all over the world - provided the fact that there is internet connection.

    ReplyDelete