Tuesday, September 15, 2009

English Muffin Pizza


As some of you might know by now, I like the Food Network Magazine - and because I have a subscription for it, it shows up in my mailbox at regular intervals, always making me smile.
In this last issue one of their nutritionists came up with this yummy English Muffin Pizza that took just a couple of minutes to prepare (provided the fact that you DO HAVE the muffins on hand, which I did not - but that's another story) and a few minutes to bake.
So I said.........hey, why not give it a try ?
All said and done, and I had to share my findings.

Ingredients:


Directions:
Proceed as directed in Ellie's recipe.
I actually had to make my own English muffins, one of the baked goods that always sort of scared me, but that's another story and adventure I will share with you tomorrow.
So because I did not have exactly the ingredients called for, I used as follows:
* 2 white all purpose flour English Muffins
* 1 medium tomato, unpeeled, unseeded
* 1 teaspoon oil
* 2 Genoa salami slices, diced
* 1/3 cup mild Cheddar cheese

Hey, what works for you is what's gonna be on your yummy pizza.
Also, If I think of it more, I realize Ellie must have used 3 to 4 inches in diameter muffins, as opposed to my 2.5 inch mini muffins.
When I was cutting out my muffins I picked up the cookie cutter and let me tell you, it looked like a monster to me ! LOL
So therefore I opted for a biscuit cutter. More on that to come tomorrow.

So here is my attempt at these English Muffin Pizzas before the baking and I think they look pretty close.

And here is how they turned out.

The verdict ?
They were really tasty and one of the reasons I had to post about them is that they got SOGGY, as nobody mentioned the fact that you should drain really well your tomatoes after you cube them. I did know that about tomatoes as I have even specified it in one of my pizza directions.
Tough. And the fact that you need to drizzle oil on the muffin is NOT helping either.
All in all, I do recommend them, but please do drain your tomatoes.
Good Appetite !
And also, here is an interesting Magazine I discovered today:
http://lacucinaitalianamagazine.com/

2 comments:

  1. ohh..so tempting and colourful too...i like the scanned page of FN magazine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love English muffin pizzas! They are a common staple at my house. :)

    ReplyDelete