Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Monkey Bread - huh ?!?




This is an interesting concoction and I assume most of you are familiar with it. I, on the other hand, have never heard about it....until recently when I also decided to cook it. And I'm glad I did !

Here is what you need:
3 cans of non-flaky biscuits
1 and 1/2 cup sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
8 oz butter (2 sticks)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Cut all the biscuits in squares and put them in a zip bag where you have combined 1 cup sugar and the cinnamon, and shake the bag well to cover all the biscuit pieces.
Now spread the pieces in a spring pan or the pan of your choice and set aside.
Melt the butter and sugar in a small sauce pan and pour over the biscuits.
Bake for 30 or 40 mins and turn it over onto a serving plate where you need to let it cool for a few minutes before indulging.
Your house will say thank you for the aroma !

2 comments:

  1. Just made it this evening, it's still hot!
    Tastes marvelous!!!! Thanks for the recipe!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you like it ! Jeff, my husband, is crazy about it. I only wish it didn't have so many calories in it.
    Let me know what else you decide to try.

    ReplyDelete