Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bread Pudding with Brandy Sauce - Budinca de Paine cu Sos de Brandy















Having the dessert I took home with me from a restaurant as an inspiration, I decided it's time for me to try this new dish/recipe. Recipe which I did not have, but I used my skills, imagination and experience to create my own version of a creamy dessert.
I used bread (whole wheat), nuts (almonds, pistachio, pecans, walnuts), coconut flakes and a mixture of milk, coconut milk, 3 eggs, almond and vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of corn starch to thicken things.
350 degrees for 45 mins and there we go !
The sauce was made from a mixture of 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup sugar, 4 tablespoons of brandy and when all the sugar dissolved I added a stick of butter (113 gr). I stirred to melt and tasted.......the taste was divine ! Rich, buttery anbd creamy ! And more or less surprisingly, tasted like the one from the restaurant ! Am I good, or what ?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment