Thursday, July 30, 2009
This is one recipe you will never forget, and I guarantee it !
It goes as follows:
10 eggs, separated
10 TBSP sugar (white or powder)
10 TBSP flour (all purpose of cake flour)
Now... can you forget that ration ? Of course not !
- preheat the oven to 350 F
- line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper or butter the pan and set aside
- beat the eggs and when hard peaks form, fold in half of the sugar and beat more until glossy and very firm
- separately beat the egg yolks with the rest of the sugar until very pale yellow and at least doubled in volume
- if there is any flavoring you want to add, add it to the yolks
- fold the yolks into the egg whites and gently sift the flour on top and fold it into the batter
- at this point you need to pour the batter into the jelly roll pan and bake it for approx 12 to 20 minutes
- after the 12 minutes, check it by inserting a tookpick in the center
- if it comes out clean, its ready !
This recipe will give you a 1/2 inch thick cake, if baked in a regular jelly roll pan ....or it can be divided among 2 equal square pans.
- have fun !
*** You can also check THIS out before you start baking.
Posted by Cat at 9:44 PM