Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cheesy Omelette


This is probably supposed to be a breakfast or lunch item, but if I remember well, I might have made it for dinner.
I mainly cook for dinner, as my wonderful husband is not home to have lunch together.
Ok, ok, I also seem to have built quite an impressive list of desserts here.
Can you fight with the sweet tooth ?
Ok, so after reading somewhere that you can make an omelette in the microwave and actually testing the idea, I wasn't necessarily convinced that it was the best approach, so I went back to the good ol' oven. And let's not forget the aluminum foil !
What is wrong with the microwave you might ask ? The eggs start to cook around the edges and it takes a lot of time for the middle to cook - resulting in an unevenly baked omelette. Try it for yourself once.

Ingredients :
3 eggs
about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of cheese (I used 4 cheese sticks cut into pieces)
1/2 of a bell pepper any color you want
some type of already cooked meat (I used frozen already cooked sausage links)
salt
pepper
some oil or butter to grease the pan

Directions:
Beat the eggs a bit and add the seasonings.
Grease the pan and cut a piece of aluminum foil lrge enough to cover the pan really well.
Pour the eggs in the pan and evenly distribute the peppers and cheese pieces and then arrange the meat, cover and bake in preheated oven at 400 F for 10 to 15 minutes.
It should be wonderful when you take it out.
It keeps well in the fridge and can be reheated in the microwave the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment