Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Who says you can't make your own ORZO at home, from scratch ?




Mix one egg with a pinch of salt and enough all purpose flour to make a nice smooth dough. Pull small bits and roll tiny sticks. Then use a knife to cut orzo shaped bits. Even if you think that the sticks are round and the orzo will not come out oval, trust me, they will turn out great, because the knife cutting flattens the dough rope (dough stick).
Boil for 5 to 8 minutes, or until al dente, in salted water. Enjoy !

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Thank you! I just found a recipe online using orzo, and thought... hmmm... I wonder if I could make it myself and voila! Here you are with the answer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that looks easier than I imagined, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just made my first pasta dough recently. cant wait to make orzo next! this sounds easy and awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. nobody else bothers to make orzo from scratch except you, thank you! your post is still helping people even after 6 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG THANK you!!! The first article claiming How to make orzo that actually tells me how to make it and not prepare it!!!! I will definitely be visiting this blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 11 years later and this is still the best from-scratch orzo recipe online. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this. I will be using it tonight in my chicken meatball and orzo soup :)

    ReplyDelete