Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cooked Green Beans


My dear neighbor gave me some green beans and this is how I cooked some of them.
I already posted a recipe for green beans HERE, but this one is slightly different.
But I have got to tell you, they are so good !
Do not forget to add the minced garlic. It will make all the difference !
Thanks Kay !
Ingredients:
about 1 lb of green beans, washed, trimmed and cut
salt
pepper
3 to 5 TBSP oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves
1 cup water
Directions:
Sautee the onion in the oil (it should not take more than 5 to 8 minutes or so on medium heat), add the water and the beans, cover and cook on medium heat for 10 to 20 minutes, until they are done.
You can take one out after 10 minutes and try it/taste it.
Add the garlic in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Season at the end and enjoy !
They are great to pair with meat or something else or just by themselves !

No comments:

Post a Comment