Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Baker's Pizza







Even though I made as many pizzas that I lost count, I felt I needed to improve on a detail.
On the crust.
And OK, maybe on the looks of it too, I mean the general aspect of the pizza itself.
So I ventured into trying a new recipe for pizza dough, although I did bring some additions to it.
You can't stop me from doing that, can You ?
:P
Ingredients:
1 package instant yest or 7 gr
1 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 heaping TBSP honey
1 teaspoon powder milk
1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 TBSP olive oil plus some more for coating the bowl
3 cups flour, plus more if necessary

Directions:
Make a dough from the above ingredients.
Knead about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic and not sticky, then oil a bowl and let it rise for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 500 F and place your oven rack on the lower third part.
Divide the dough in 2 or 3 pieces and form into balls.
Let them rise for 15 minutes.
Now transfer to a lightly floured surface, shape as you wish and roll it out to achieve a 1/8 inch thickness.
Now sprinkle some flour and corn meal on your baking sheet and transfer the dough onto it.
Add the toppings considering the rule : the fewer the better - and pop it in the oven.
I did not use any sauce as i did not want the dough to become soft or soggy after absorbing the liquid.
I just used lots of grated cheese, some drained mushrooms and pepperoni slices.
Important !!
You need to let the edge uncovered with toppings, for approx. 1 inch.
Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the crust looks golden brown and the cheese is nicely melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment