Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How to Plate Like a Pro


HERE is where how I actually found how to do this - plate like a pro !
Take a peek and learn from the professionals !

Clock it: The conventional "smiley face" (starch at ten o'clock, meat at two o'clock, and vegetables at six o'clock) is always a safe bet.

Focus, focus: For more drama, "find the focal point" of the meal (usually the protein) and elevate it by placing it on or leaning it up against the starch.

Get saucy: Spoon sauce under the meat rather than on top. This allows the meat's crust to stay crisp while also offering a contrasting circular shape beneath.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great site! Thanks for sharing again!
    I have a gift for you, would you come over to my blog?
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the gift Judith ! Now - I do not know if I am supposed to claim the gift or not, but if I need to, please teach me how to do that. I'm so happy ! Never got a gift like that before !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually it is a picture of two little teddybears with a bunch of roses, sending my message: wishing you a beautiful day!
    It goes around blogs, once you get it, claim it and choose other 3 people to send it forward to. Or even more if you prefer. It is supposed to brighten each others' day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tip....but only one problem...very restricted in its usage....doesn't apply to all kingds of meals....& especially not to the healthiest of all proteins...

    ReplyDelete