Saturday, September 12, 2009

Apple Honey Challah


When I saw this apple challah on Tastespotting, I just had to try it myself !
I think it is one of Martha Stewart's recipes (I am not a fan of hers, but her recipes are good) and the recipe is on THIS website, along with nice pictures.
However, I have posted a few pictures of my own here to show you how I did it.
It's very tasty and the apples do make it taste even better !
You really need to TRY it !
The only things I changed were adding 1 teaspoon of orange zest and some almond slices on top.

Here is how I started with the apple slices, but then decided to remove them and cut them in 2.

Here is a close-up of the dough ready for the 2nd rise.


Here is the stretched log before twisting and coiling to let it rise for the final time.


The dough just placed in the 9 inch pie pan, ready for its final proofing.


Now it rose and it is ready for baking.

Right out of the oven.

Close-up of the still hot and very fragrant challah.

Here is the inside and let me tell you it is SO GOOD !

12 comments:

  1. Catalina, amazing Apple Honey Challa. I would love to try this...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that mine puffed up considerably compared to the one I saw and had as a model.
    But it does not matter, it was good !

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is pretty. I just had some bad luck with an apple recipe. I am so jealous of yours

    ReplyDelete
  4. what did you cook with apple? if you give me the recipe, then maybe I can give it a try myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imi plac muuult merele si reteta ta suna tare bine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The challah looks so beautiful and airy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely great! Must make it myself! I would run out for some apples this minute, but I was planning to make the cheese strudel tonight! Maybe sometime during this week...
    Catalina, this looks even better than the original one, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh - you are so sweet Judith. I'm anxious and waiting for the result on the strudel.
    Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made it! I was short on time this morning - couldn't wait till tomorrow, I was soo anxious to make it - and I had to use the mixer fot the kneading. I added 2 tbsp flour, still the challah is very soft and fluffy. Tastes very good!
    I am planning to make it again kneading by hand, just out of curiosity.
    Thanks for this recipe too! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy you liked it Judith !

    ReplyDelete