Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tipsy Baked Apples



Remember THIS post where I was telling you about the coffee liqueur and orange liqueur that I got for cooking ? Well, I had an idea and just had to try it. Of course, I have baked apples in the past and they were more than delicious, but these are just to die for !
The taste is slightly different and the aroma is so much more intense. One big difference between these and the other baked apples is that these still have their skin on.
I decided to do that so that they can steam inside even better.


Ingredients:
2 apples, washed and cored
a few hazelnuts with sugar and cinnamon or 3 TBSP of THIS mixture
2 TBSP Kahlua
2 TBSP orange liqueur
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP honey

Directions:
Wash and peel the apples, then place them in a small pan.
Preheat the oven to 425 F.
Mix the liqueurs with the nutty mixture and the brown sugar.
Start stuffing the inside of the apples and when done, top with butter and then drizzle the honey over.
Let bake in the very hot oven for 1 h and 15 minutes to 1 h and 35 minutes, or until the skin starts to crack.
Plate and pour over all the syrup that gathered during the baking process.


Here is a top view of my apples .


And here is a view of the cut apples so you can take a better look and what delicious filling nests inside.


I urge you to try these !

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, that sounds and looks delicious. I don't have any of the liquer in house, so I wonder if you could substitute with something like vanilla extract? Anyway, thanks for sharing. It'll be a good dessert to try for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, sure it can be substituted and I would also make some really strong coffee and add a few teaspoons to the filling or add a few granules of instant coffee so that it gives it a chocolaty after taste. Play around with flavors !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This must be terrific! I'll have to make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have all of this in my house right now!

    Hmmmm.

    I tried a similar ingredient list (no booze) earlier this summer... it was awful. But I want to try these now, sounds like I need to retry these (with your additions)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, but PLEASE do NOT grill the apples ! Bake them in an oven and do not omit the butter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arata super merisoarele tale...te asteapta un premiu la mine, pupici

    ReplyDelete