Monday, November 23, 2009

Chicken Breast Patties




These patties are the favorite thing in the whole world of my sister's boyfriend and he says that nobody makes them like I do.
So that means they must be worth trying, right ?
The final mix will have more chicken breast than other stuff, just like you can see here in this close -up picture, so the main taste will be that of juicy chicken breast cooked to perfection.


Easy to do and I bet that most of you would already have the ingredients on hand.
They keep well in the fridge too and I will show you what I did with the leftovers in a spaghetti recipe that will follow this one.

Ingredients:
1/2 to 1 lb, which would be 2 to 4 pieces of chicken breast, minced (or pulsed for a few seconds in your food processor)
1/2 onion, minced finely
4 to 6 medium garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup or 1 handful chopped parsley
1 egg, beaten

Directions:
Mix all the above ingredients


and either drop and spoonful of mixture into a preheated skillet with 1/2 inch of oil or just form flattened patties, making sure your hands are wet.


I normally keep a bowl with water in it for dipping my hands.
Cook them on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until they look golden.


Serve them with mashed potatoes or anything else you might like to pair them with.
They are best warm or hot, on small pieces of bread, but they are good cold as well.
I paired them here with tortillas


and salsa.


Enjoy !

3 comments:

  1. and a more timely use... this is going on my what to do with leftover turkey file

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation for your blog Catalina. I visit the blog from time to time and always find something yummy to "droll on". I miss your patties, I hope that one day (so poetic) I'll have again a portion of the best patties I've ever eaten. I'm sure Jeff (lucky guy) is very happy with the way you cook ,send him my best wishes.
    Best Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Multumesc, Cosmin. Stiam eu ca iti va placea sa vezi astea aici. Le-am postat special pentru tine, in cazul in care ai vreodata nevoie de reteta.
    :)

    ReplyDelete