Friday, November 20, 2009

Creamed Corn



Creamed corn is probably best made with fresh corn that you just cut off the fresh cob, but when you do not have those on hand, any bag of frozen corn will do just as fine.
This is how I make the creamed corn and needless to say, it's delicious ! And creamy !

Ingredients:
2 cups corn


1/2 cup water
1/2 large onion, very finely minced


2 to 3 TBSP butter
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon honey


1/2 cup heavy cream/half &half or thinned sour cream (I used thinned sour cream this time)
1/2 teaspoon tarragon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
Cook the butter and the really finely minced onion


for 3 to 4 minutes, so the onion can soften,




then add the corn and water and bring to a simmer.




Reduce the heat and cover with a lid.


Cook for 10-15 minutes until the corn becomes tender.
Add sugar, honey, tarragon and cream, and cook uncovered for 5 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.



The liquid will reduce.


Add the salt and pepper at the end.


Enjoy !

Here are the instructions from the back of the bag on how to cook the corn.

4 comments:

  1. Who knew you can make creamed corn???

    sigh, I had such nice corn all summer, now just frozen... but this would zing that up naicely

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, I'd say you give this a try and let me know what you came up with in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never made creamed corn before. This looks really good. I made your Spicy Navy Bean Dip...OMG...LOVED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you tried it and loved it ! THis means I must be making good food .

    ReplyDelete