Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sharp Cheddar Cheese Soup



My husband loves this sharp cheddar cheese soup and so I try to make it every now and then.
It seems I have posted the recipe HERE already, so this post isn't really something new for my blog (my husband says he likes dinner menu repeats !).
It's delicious nonetheless !

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp. Butter
4 Tbsp. Flour
1/2 onion finely chopped


4 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
1 cup light cream
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper


3/4 Lb. shredded cheddar cheese



Directions:
*Grate your cheese and have it handy


*Melt the butter and mix the flour in with a small whisk


*Slowly add the chicken broth whisking constantly, followed by adding the milk
*Add the onion and let sit on the stove on medium-low heat for 5 min


*Stir in the cheese and using a spoon stir the soup and cook until cheese has melted thoroughly
*Remove from heat and add the 1 cup of cream
*Add the salt and stir, followed by the cayenne pepper
*Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly, if necessary


ENJOY !

3 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! Made my mouth water and I just finished eating shrimp scampi over garlic mashed! I really like your blog... I popped over here from Dave's blog A Year on The Grill... Lots of great recipes and photos on your blog! This recipe would be great to post on Foodie Friday meme... Everyone is in a soup mood lately! Nice meeting you!
    ~Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  2. change the milk to a bottle of beer and you have my super bowl beer-cheese soup. a great recipe

    ReplyDelete