Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Phyllo Dumplings






Yes, of course you can use phyllo dough for apple dumplings....and here is the proof.
Normally you need to use crescent rolls or puff pastry dough, but I just HAD to try this variation too. Does it hurt? :P
So I used 1 bag or half of the phyllo package and cut it in 4 and then in 4 again so I would get 8 triangles.
I cut a Granny Smith apple (which I peeled and cored) into 8 wedges and wrapped/rolled the wedges into the dough triangles.
I also added some extra pieces of apple just because I like extra apples in there.
So you butter your 9 inch pan, you lay the dumplings nicely and you pour a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar with almost 1 stick of butter and 1 TBSP cinnamon over the dumplings.
On the edges right after you will need to pour a full can of mountain dew. Yes, a whole can.
Bake for 55 minutes at 350 F.
Delicious !

No comments:

Post a Comment