Sunday, January 17, 2010

Glazed Almond Cinnamon Rolls






I need to start by asking for appologies for not posting in a while, but really - life has been pretty busy and frankly, still is. So please, bear with me. And now. let's get on to the dessert - because it is, after all, the sweetest part of life. Well...apart from being healthy. Right ?

My favorite dough for cinnamon rolls is the one used for the brioche loaf, and really - the more eggs in it (specifically egg yolks) - the better the final product.
As to the filling, you can use anything you like, starting from just, butter, sugar and cinnamon to anything complex that involves ground pecans or walnuts combined with butter, sugar and cinnamon.
For this batch the filling had a can of the SOLO Almond Filling combined with 3 TBSP of unsalted butter, sugar and cinnamon.

Ingredients and Directions:

Just like in THIS recipe.
I also made sure I cut the slices of the roll at 1 and 1/3 inch thickness and left 2 inches in between the rolls in the baking sheet when I placed them there.

They were left to rise for exactly 1 hour and they turned out great !

The glaze has 2 cups powder sugar and 1/4 cup orange juice.

2 comments:

  1. I so love cinnamon rolls, the problem is I can't control myself :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, My !!! These look sooooooo goooooood!
    Haven't made cinnamom rolls for a few years, i think. I should make soma soon! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete